# 67 buy a Dr. Seuss book

A quick stop at my favourite shop site in Lisbon and found a Dr. Seuss book "Fox in Socks"  (1965) amongst hundreds of uninteresting books. It cost me 0.75€! Amazing! I tried finding Dr. Seuss books in Lisbon's book stores and book fairs, but no one has ever heard of it over here, which I find a bit odd because they are a classical children's book. They're great to teach english in a fun and simple way.  
This one is about Mr. Fox playing tongue twister games with Mr. Knox who is unable to do so: 

«I can't blab
such blibber blubber!
My tongue isn't 
made of rubber.
Mr. Knox. Now
come now. Come now.
You don't have to
be so dumb now...

Try to say this, 
Mr. Knox, please...

Through three cheese trees
three free fleas flew.
While these fleas flew, 
freezy breeze blew.
Freezy breeze made
these three trees freeze.
Freezy trees made
these trees' cheese freeze.
That's what made these
three free fleas sneeze.»

PS: do you remember a Christmas movie awhile back called How the Grinch stole Christmas? Well, the Grinch is a character created by Dr. Seuss in 1957.

1 comment: